Our biodegradable, eco-friendly solution is very effective as a deck and patio cleaner that allows you to clean flat surfaces without the use of harsh chemicals or pressure washing. While other deck and patio cleaners use bleach and chlorine to remove unwanted stains, Citra-Shield uses proprietary ingredients that will not harm you, your plants or your pets. Moss, Mildew and Fungus inevitably find their way onto decks, patios, sidewalks, pavers, pavement and other flat surfaces. These staining and damaging culprits not only make your deck and patio look dirty, they can also cause them to become slippery and unsafe. Using Citrashield to remove stains and growth will keep your deck and patio surfaces looking refreshed.
Safely Cleans:Composite Decking, Wood Decks, Stone Pavers, Landscapes, Concrete Patios, Metal, Aluminum, Deck Rails, and More.
- Environmentally friendly
- No VOCs
- Biodegradable: Contains no bleach, acids or phosphates
- No scrubbing, no pressure cleaning, no rinsing
- Uses 95% less water than pressure washing
- Prevents stains from returning
- Safely removes stains caused by algae, mold, mildew and fungus
- Safe to use on virtually every exterior surface
- Near neutral pH level
- One easy step process: Just apply and walk away
For deck, patio & fence specific instructions, view How To Clean A Deck
General Application Instructions Below:
Application: Carefully read all instructions on label. As a precaution, wet surrounding plants and flowers with water before and after applying Citra-Shield. Remember there is algae on plants too. Apply Citra-Shield Ready-To-Use to your stained exterior surface until saturated. Citra-Shield is best applied in dry conditions. Do not apply in the rain. To maximize results it is best to let product dry (4-5 hours) on surface before any rain showers. Temperatures need to be above 32 degrees during application and for approximately 4 hours after.
Use Citra-Shield to remove ugly green and black stains cause by mold, mildew, algae, moss and lichen on the following surfaces.
- Roofs: asphalt, tile, cedar shake, rubber membrane, metal, slate, fiberglass, composite, rolled roofing.
- Decking: wood, composite
- Siding: EIFS, vinyl, composite, wood, painted surfaces
- Stucco & Brick
- Awnings: cloth, metal and vinyl
- Tennis Courts & Tracks
- Pool screen enclosures
- Outdoor Furniture: cloth, plastics, metal
- Landscaping Stones & pottery
- Driveways & Sidewalks
- Boats & RVs
- Gravestones, Monuments, Mausoleums
Moss Treatments: To get rid of moss, it is important thoroughly saturate the moss with Citra-Shield Ready To Use. Citra-Shield must come in contact with the surface the moss is attached to. For heavy moss covered surfaces, use a broom or brush to remove as much of the moss as possible then apply Citra-Shield. This will speed up the removal process. Over the next few days or weeks, you will notice the moss changing color and detaching from the surface. The wind and rain will help wash away any remaining moss.
- Citra-Shield Concentrate
- Garden Pump Sprayer or Citra-Shield Applicator
- Ladder - if necessary
- Hose with spray nozzle
Directions For Use: Thoroughly read all instructions. Keep spray off plants & flowers and/or wet surrounding area before and after applying Citra-Shield. Remember there is algae on plants too. Use caution when applying as treated surface may become slippery. We recommend using eye protection and gloves when mixing or applying Citra-Shield. See product label for precautionary statement, treatment, storage and disposal information. Do not mix Citra-Shield with detergents or other chemicals. Avoid application on windy days.
Initial Application: Mix 5 parts water and 1 part Citra-Shield Concentrate in any garden pump sprayer or Citra-Shield Applicator. Always add water first then mix Citra-Shield into the water. Apply a thorough coat of diluted product to all affected areas at least 4 hours prior to any rainfall or snow. For roof applications, apply product from the edge of the roof towards the peak. Try to avoid walking on roof surface. If you are unfamiliar with heights or ladders, you should hire a roof cleaning specialist and request that they use Citra-Shield Cleaning Products. Do NOT rinse. The stains will begin to disappear with rainfall over the next 1-6 months for roof surfaces and within 1-6 weeks for all other exterior surfaces. Stains may appear darker or change colors immediately after application.
For Quicker Results: Follow initial application instructions then allow product to dwell on surface for 12- 24 hours. For rinsing, wait 12-24 hours and rinse thoroughly using a pressure washer (45 degree nozzle tip) with the wand at least 3 feet from surface. DO NOT USE HIGH PRESSURE ON ROOFS or STUCCO. After rinsing, Citra-Shield will continue to clean and prevent stains from returning.
Preventive Application: For new exterior surfaces and surfaces that have already been cleaned with Citra-Shield. A preventative solution of 9 parts water to 1 part Citra-Shield Concentrate can be applied every 6-12 months to prevent the stains from re-appearing.
Citra-Shield was designed to work over time with the natural elements. Rain, wind, sun and snow will aid in the removal of your biological growth. However the following factors will determine how long it takes to remove the exterior stain. Climate, stain type/severity, surface type, exposure and shading can effect removal time.
Typical Stain Removal Times
- Green Algae Stains are removed in 1-3 days. These stains are the quickest to clean and in some instances they will begin to disappear in hours.
- Black Stains will take 1- 6 weeks to disappear.
- Roof Stains 2-4 months.
Biological Stain Variables
- Dry Climate: Citra-Shield will remove any biological stains (algae, mildew, moss, fungus); however, it requires moderate rainfall to rinse the stain away. In dryer weather conditions, it will take longer to remove the stains.
- Shade: The stains will take longer to disappear in shaded areas.
- Temperature: In some cases staining takes longer to remove in cold weather (Below 32 degrees)
- Severe Staining: The longer the biological stain is untreated the thicker it grows and the more stable the root system becomes. The longer the organism is on the surface the longer it takes to remove.
- Other Stain Types: Citra-Shield will not remove staining such as rust, tar, copper stains, tree sap and zinc stains.
- Wet Conditions: When applying Citra-Shield, the surface should be dry to guarantee full surface penetration. In addition, we need a 12 hour window before a heavy rain or snowfall after application (dwell time).
- Incorrect mix ratio: Citra-Shield has specific dilution ratios most cases 5:1. In the event the dilution is to strong or too weak (3:1\10:1 etc.) the results will vary.
Proprietary blend of cationic surfactants